My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, September 22, 2008

I Accept This Gift


By: Brenda White

I'm only thirteen
Is there a future to be
I don't understand
why this happened to me

My kidney are gone
My life's a mess
My nerves are shot
I'm worried I confess

Then comes the routine
Dialysis day by day
I hate the pain
But there's no other way

Then on to a list
My name will go
How quick to find a match
Is something I don't know

The phone finally rings
With a message for me
Your life can now change
We've found a match you see

The overwhelming feelings
Of fear and shame
Of taking from another
This precious gift that came

How can I take it
Keep it all for myself
When so many others
Suffer critical health

I guess this gift of life
Has been chosen for me
It's meant to be accepted
How thankful can I be

This life saving gift
Has kept me alive
Removed some of the pain
And helped me to thrive

My heart says thank you
I'm sad I know you not
Your a giving, loving soul
In which from you new life I've got

I hope some day
I can meet you in the sky
And hug you and thank you
And together we can fly

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home