My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Happiness is...

A week or so ago, I launched Angel Cove (organ donation & transplant awareness store) through MySpace. Why? Well, I figured that it would be a great place to post some information about organ donation and maybe gain some further awareness for the cause. I never thought about the response I would get from launching the site nor the people that I would meet. I had figured that people would look at my page and just pass on through.

But that wasn't the case. You see, friends started to pour in. Other people that were raising awareness for the same cause and those that relied on awareness being spread to help them find their own miracle. Blessings poured in from complete strangers saying how great it is that I continue to raise awareness, even though my husband had already received his miracle. Others sent me love and praise on my awareness artwork, designs and products. I have to admit that it brought me to tears.

No, my heart didn't break... rather I began to remember what it was like back then; before Greg received his double lung transplant. The strength in the patients, donors, and families is unlike anything else in existence. And then I realized how easy it is to forget what true happiness is and how each and every moment on this Earth is a true miracle within itself.

That is why I continue to raise awareness... to never forget and let others know that they are never alone. Although I cannot be there holding the hand of each and every person going through this battle, I can comfort them in knowing I still care and that I am willing to be there the only way I can... through my art, designs, products, and in my heart.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home