My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My Awareness Button!

Son Organ Donor ButtonWhen we go to the Wisconsin State Fair, it is normal for me to stop by the Wisconsin Donor Network booth to see what type of organ donation awareness events they are currently working on. As I approached the booth, one of the women behind it grabbed my attention by asking if I had my nifty orange organ donor sticker on my driver's license. As I smiled and told her about my husband's double lung transplant, my girlfriend next to me said "Shannon, look!" and pointed to the other woman. She was wearing an organ donation awareness button. Not just any button - one I designed for my Angel Cove Organ Donation Awareness Store!

My jaw dropped. The words "My Son gave the Gift of Life" danced in my brain for a moment. Could I really be seeing one of my purchased products outside of the Internet? Yes, it was real and it started a great conversation about my store and possible future partnerships with organ donation and transplant support groups. That is definitely one state fair I am going to remember for a lifetime and has pushed me to be more aggressive with raising awareness!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home