My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Remember to Breathe

Loving Couple
So often we get caught up in the fast-paced society of the "real world". Our days become rushed and we feel like we are moving in high speed. Day in and day out, the simple life - the life of miracles is forgotten; replaced by cell phones, deadlines, traffic, noise, pollution, and a foggy sense of what is important in life.

Just recently we had one of those moments in our own family where we were so "busy" that my wonderful husband was rushing around like a chicken without a head. He felt he was late for work (although he was early) and he seemed to run more on automation as he dashed back and forth around the kitchen trying to get his lunch together.

Standing in the middle of the kitchen, my arms stretched out in front of me as my hands securely fastened themselves around his slender arms. I held him tight in front of me and smiled softly. He couldn't help but meet my gaze with his own soft smile. "Don't forget to breathe" I whispered softly. "That's what these new lungs are for."

It took only a minute for his soft smile to turn upwards as he leaned in to kiss me softly. "I know" he whispered back. "Thanks for reminding me."

And with that he took a couple of deep breaths and slowed his movement around the kitchen. No matter what life throws at us, we have been given a new life with his miracle of an organ transplant. We just need to remember that is more important to take the time to enjoy the miracle then rush through life... and we can remember this best when we remember to take a moment and just breathe...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home