My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Colds and Transplants

I hate it when my husband gets sick! It drives me crazy because you never know how far the bugs are going to go and whether or not his compromised immune system will be able to fight off a "normal" everyday cold.

A couple of days ago, Greg came home with a sore throat and runny nose. Luckily for me, I just got over a really bad cold a week before (which he did not get) so I didn't feel bad. For me, it is only worse when Greg has a cold if I was the one that gave it to him in some way. Needless to say, he started Cold-Eeze right away to help decrease the duration of the cold.

But, that doesn't help us feel any better mentally about it. Last night he wasn't even able to sleep as this head cold decided it wanted to stay up late and party all night long. Onto the couch he went with a box of Puffs Plus next to him and our beloved dogs at his feet.

Fortunately, it is just a head cold. Alas, we know how easily it can turn from a simple cold into an infection in his new lungs. So, it was nothing for me to run out at the crack of dawn to get him some Halls and Ziacam. I also tried for the TheraFlu Nighttime cold remedy but, with our luck, there was a sale on it this week and the shelves were totally empty.

Where does this leave us now? Greg fighting a great battle and me giving him the support he needs (while worrying silently). I know it seems like a simple cold but he is a double lung transplant recipient and things can go wrong quickly if we aren't careful. That is why I hope you will say a prayer for him that it stays a head cold and moves out of Casa de Greg soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home