My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Upcoming Anniversary

I am wrestling with a thought at this moment. You see, in a little over a week Greg will be celebrating his 3-year post transplant anniversary. With the upcoming anniversary, my mind starts to think back to when he received his transplant and the donor's family. Although we are celebrating a happy occasion, they are celebrating a somber one.

Some time ago I had purchased a Hallmark card that is specifically for an organ donor's family. I have held onto it for a number of months now and as we close in on the transplant anniversary, I am torn as to whether or not I should send it to the family now or wait until after the holidays.

No, we don't know who our hero's family is as they did not respond to the letter Greg sent shortly after his transplant. Everything in the beginning in anonymous so we aren't sure if they even agreed to accept it or if it was read and they just decided not to respond. That is why this choice is so difficult for me... all I want to do is to thank them and let them know how much of a hero we think their family member was; not to cause them unnecessary stress during their anniversary of loss.

I guess I will need to pray on it for a while but I hope that time does not run out for me to do the right thing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger VickieLynn said...

I think you should send a card to the donor's family. Even if they haven't responded. It will do you good to express your thankfulness and on the chance they do receive it, I would expect it to do them a world of good. Most families don't want their loved ones to be forgotten, and appreciate people remembering them, especially the one that received the gift of life. I know you will find the right answer for you in prayer.

SC_gal

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, myself, have recently celebrated the anniversary of my lung transplant. It was six years on August 14,2007. The year was 2001 when I received my gift of life. The first day I awoke from the ordeal of the surgery (there were complications)was 9/11/2001. The day I believed the world had come to an end because the CCICU nurses were watching the towers come down on my TV, and I woke up to that terrible sight, not knowing what was going on and still being intubated I could not ask questions.
When August 14 comes around now it is on much happier terms.
I too never got to know if the donor family read my letter of extreme appreciation or not as I never have heard from them.
Hopefully, the Good Lord has told them for me and I can be at peace with that.
Thanks for a place for us "Miracles" to talk to other "Miracles", as we are the only ones who really know what this experience is like. Thank God when we have a great support system. If not, we would not make it far. Love makes the world go round.

Thanks again, Cindy T (Ft Worth, Tx. Transplanted at Medical City Hospital Dallas)

PS Yes, Send That Card !

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home