My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Augh! Not now!

Over the years, I have gotten so used to taking care of Greg. I can tell when he is about to get a cold or when he has a fever - just by looking at him. Ironically, when he has been at his sickest, I have been at my healthiest points of my life. Why? Well, I cook better food for him and since hospital food reminds me of the cardboard that my hampsters used to gnaw on when I was a child, I would opt for the fresh fruits and salads that the hospitals would offer.

So, here we are - Greg is at the gym at the moment and I am home in the recliner. No, I am not lazy at all - just laid up. I am typing this with some sort of hand rash that has taken over the fingers on my right hand. I is most likely some sort of eczema due to the harsh winter we are having in Wisconsin and the fact that my entire body feels like someone put itching cream in my laundry. This is what Wisconsin winters do to me but that doesn't explain why I need to keep my feet up. You see, somehow, unknowingly, I have hurt my left foot as well. There is no outward signs of injury but it feels like I have a constant charlie horse stomping on it and when I walk on it, the pain is even worse. I have finally conceded to a couple of Advil and since there is no gym equipment out there that does not need the use of my hands or feet, I am home and stuck in the recliner.

It is amazing to me how well I care for Greg and how poorly I treat my own body at times. Okay, so the foot and hand thing may not have been preventable but nonetheless, I should be taking better care of myself. It is as though my brain stops working when it comes to my own needs - you know, those things that you must physically have in order to survive. No, Oreo cookies don't count and neither does a large Chai Tea Latte. Both, of which, I have consumed within the last week and in a larger portion that I should have. Don't get me wrong, I am no longer the 208lbs, 5'5" woman I used to be but a 140lbs, size 6 woman. But that doesn't make me immune to disease or trauma. What it does is cloud my judgment. You see, I believe that we were given everything we ever needed to live by God and a great deal of sickness comes from not giving our bodies what they need - that which was provided by God - fruit, vegetables, water, etc. So, why haven't I learned the lesson if I know how to make myself healthy? Plain and simple - look at my family and what I was taught. Indulge, you only live once. What is a small bite or two or three? Everything tastes better with fattening cheeses. The list goes on and one. I just wish someone would create a nag for me as good as my husband's wife. *wink*

~Shan
http://www.angelcove.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home