My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Persistent Low Grade Fever

This low grade fever of Greg's just won't go away! Now he is over 100 degrees and the Cipro/Tylenol combination is just not working. Besides feeling a little tired, he is doing well otherwise. His lung functions remain high but he is coughing up some greenish-yellow phlegm. What does this all mean? I have no idea! All I do know is that I am nervous once again and rightfully so.

Granted, there is more nervousness to be had if his lung functions were declining. So, I should count my lucky stars that the lung still seem to be doing relatively well considering the state of things. It is the unknown that brings on the greatest fear. If it only had a name, we could start to treat it.

Per our agreement, since Greg has not hit over 101 degrees in temperature, he did go to work today. However, he also emailed his transplant coordinator as soon as he got in to let her know that things have changed. I am not sure what course of action she will want to take - if it means a trip 2 hours to the transplant hospital or home IV treatment. What I do know is that if he gets admitted to the hospital, I cannot stay with him nor travel back and forth at this time. Unfortunately, I started to develop a cold yesterday and between that and my job, our dogs, and my normal responsibilities, there is no way my body could handle 4 hours in a car each day and hours in the hospital to watch my husband be bored out of his mind. Of course, if he were in a very bad shape, then I would drop everything to be by his side. As of right now though, we are once again in a stand still - waiting for the hospital to respond and tell us what the next step is that we must take to ensure that his body does not get damaged and he does not suffer any organ rejection.

Any and all prayers are welcome at this time.

~Shannon
http://www.angelcove.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home