My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Quote of the Day Hits Home

This morning I was greeted by a feeling of missing something that it boggled my brain. It was kind of like I wasn't whole - like I was only living a half life. I am not sure if anyone else has had this type of sensation before but if you have then I know I don't need to explain it any further. For those that have never had this sensation, the only way it could be described is that you are not where you want to be in life and are unsure if you are on the right path. No, it isn't a life-quest type of feeling but more like a questioning feeling. You don't question yourself but you question how you can get to where you need to in order to be balanced.

Okay, some of you are reading this and think I am an utter fruit cake. Although that is sometimes not far from the truth, this time it is different. I see the world through slightly different eyes than most because of the life I have led and the life that I currently lead. I want something more in my life but it does not have to do with material items - it is more like a balance within that I need. Usually, I would fill this with a quest for knowledge and end up getting yet another degree. Fortunately, the education funds are dried up because I know well that this will not fill the quest and I will just have another expensive piece of paper.

After feeling this way for a while this morning, I checked one of my many email accounts and found the following quote:

"You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand."

*Woodrow Wilson


That's exactly what I mean! Unfortunately, the quote doesn't come with a detailed plan on how to enrich the world and forget the errand. I suppose cannot tell us the path for the path is different for everyone. It seems that each must learn this in their own time - if only I could dislodge the brick wall in front of me or, at least, scrape away the mortar enough to see what lie ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home