My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Pile of Mush

Since the Percocet (pain med) wasn't working and it was only making Greg sleepy, they decided to have him take Vicoden (another pain med) instead. Well, the good news is that is works wonders. The bad news though is that he is now a pile of mush from the neck down. (laugh) And to think, he only took 1 pill! It is quite difficult to get him up and mobile when he resembles a college student after a night of binge drinking. (laugh) Of course, we don't want Greg in pain but we need to find a "happy medium" as opposed to a "happy drug". (laugh)As I sit here and watch Greg sleep off the Vicoden, I can't help but be amazed at the miraculous recovery of this man. To think, a week ago this very day, I was sitting by his bedside and watching the machines breathe for him. Today, all that remains is a monitor attached to some sticky pads. That is, of course, not including the battle scars that lay beneath the tattered hospital gown. He is a sleeping prince to me - my gift from God. He is my best friend, my lover, and my soul mate. Yes, life would be difficult without him if God would have taken him from this earth - but it seems God knows Greg still has a lot to do in this world and He needs him here to use his talents in architecture and his golden heart to help others. I have known it from the day that I saw his hazel eyes widen and his pulse race as he showed me the first blueprint that he did in college. It was like a kid on Christmas morning. My heart races just thinking about that moment. Yet again, my heart races anytime I am around Greg. (smile)