My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Too Sleepy

I am sure that the nurses have been in and out of his room all night, so I have decided not to call Greg so early to check in. He needs his rest for today is a very busy day. Tomorrow is the last weekday before he may be released so it seems like there are a thousand people in his room at any given moment. I feel bad because every time I guard his door, one of those pesky nurses come in to get his stats. Hello??? You can get his stats off the monitor at the nurses station! That is what the computerized central system is there for. But, alas, they feel the need to poke Greg a few times to make sure he is still alive. Hmm... Wouldn't the monitors start beeping and flashing if he was having any difficulty?? (laugh) Okay, besides the one area of lack of sleep - the whole transplant process hasn't been that bad - at least, not from a hospital point of view.Since there are no Greg reports, I will give you and update on how I am doing as that is one of the most frequent topics of emails that come in. (smile) I am doing well. Yes, I miss my house and my bed but I have already called the hotel "home" a couple of times. Given that we get breakfast every morning and dinner 3 nights a week, along with the fact that this hotel only has suites, a laundry facility, 24 hour fitness room, shuttle service, etc., it is difficult to complain. But, alas, I cannot wait to get home, with my wonderful husband, and enjoy the next 50 years together. (smile) The one thing I miss more than anything is being able to hug Greg. When something like this happens, it is the smallest things, such as a real hug, that you miss the most. As soon as those chest tubes are out and Greg isn't as sore, that is the first thing we are going to do - until then, we will just have to wait. The wait though - is well worth it!