My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Quiet Night

It was certainly a quiet night and we are grateful. The hospital didn't call me at all, which means that Greg did well during his first full night with the new lungs. A couple of years ago, I would have panicked because I didn't hear anything but I have learned that as long as the phone doesn't ring, everything is the same or better than when I last left him.Today they are going to get him off the vent and I am so excited. From what Dr. Love says (his miracle lung surgeon), he most likely will be taken off it around midday. So, we are not going to rush over there this morning but will still be there shortly after visiting hours start. Since it is the weekend, our free continental breakfast doesn't start until 7:30am and even though we want to be there sharply at 8am (when visiting hours start), we will make sure to take our time and eat our breakfast for it will be a long day and we need all the energy we can get. Oh! I did tell you that "we" is me, and Greg's parents, right? Don't want you thinking I have a alter personality. (laugh)Please feel free to send a ton of prayers Greg's way today. God is definitely watching over him, as well as his other angels: Diana (his sister), Uncle Bud (his second father), and a variety of other wonderful family members and friends we have both lost. Diana and Uncle Bud were extremely close to Greg and being that Uncle Bud had let us know, before passing recently, that he would always watch out for Greg, we have no fears and everything will work out wonderfully. (smile) Heck, we have God and the heavenly angels on our side - what is better?!?So, in ending - I will post later tonight - maybe not until shortly after 9pm CST to let you know all that is going on and share with you Greg's first breaths.God Bless you all and keep you safe and healthy!