My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A Familiar Sound

This morning I awoke to an all-too-familiar sound in my house - my husband was coughing. No, I don't mean a simple clearing the throat kind of coughing but a I have to get this out kind of cough. Once in a while, this kind of cough will come on and usually that means that a visit to the transplant hospital is coming up. He already has an appointment scheduled in January but not for a bronchoscopy, rather just a regular appointment.

My stomach is uneasy with this morning cough. My mind wanders back to a time - before he received his new lungs - when he would spend a good 20 minutes or more coughing. The coughs would be so violent that he would end up getting sick to this stomach. Luckily, today's cough was followed by a series of sneezes - which is quite normal for him now. (smile) But I still can't shake the feeling that something may be going on in there - something we can't see now. With the immune system of a sponge, anything can happen in a heartbeat. I just wish there was some way of knowing what is going on in there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home