My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

19-Degree-Wind-Chill

I have to laugh about responsibility. If it were not for this word, I would not have just gotten back from taking a walk in a 19-degree wind chill and snow. (laugh) It is surprising what we are capable of doing when we put our minds to it. Would I have bundled up to go out in this cold had it not been for the need of our puppy to get rid of some Labrador energy? No way! I am not stupid! But, for some reason, she just had to see what was going on outside and so, I bundled up as tight as I could, went for a walk with her, and only after we entered the house and I disrobed, did she decide she had to go to the bathroom. (laugh) Who needs a child when you have a Labrador retriever puppy! (smile)

This word "responsibility" is also why Greg and I went to the fitness club last night and boy am I happy we did. Even though it was cold and I had yet again pulled a muscle in my neck, we drove out to the fitness club for an hour of sweating. I have learned that sweat is good - sweat is what makes for awesome lung function numbers! How do I know this? When Greg did his nightly lung function tests, he hit a new all-time high - 3.20 FEV1! That is a whopping 78% lung function and he is a year post-transplant! Ironically, the doctors told him he would hit his highest 6 months post-transplant and most likely would never go higher in his life. Boy were they wrong! He has continued to increase his lung function even after his 6-month anniversary and now that we work out at a fitness club, his numbers are climbing higher still! Just imagine how good his lung functions will be after he gets his personal fitness plan today from the trainer! Let's pray that "new-all-time-high" posts become a normal part of this blog. (smile)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home