My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

New Transplant Forum

There is a new transplant discussion forum out there and I have been asked to moderate the caregivers section. It is the 2nd Wind Forum and is designed to assist people that are either waiting for a lung transplant (pre-transplant) or have received one (post-transplant). The Caregivers section's primary focus is to keep your loved one healthy by keeping yourself healthy. Now that is ironic! During Greg's transplant and overall care, I had to keep reminding myself that if I was not healthy, I would not be good to anyone at all - especially Greg. So, I took the time to research all about staying healthy and have often provided information to others on keeping themselves healthy.

I will grant you that hospital food is far from "healthy" at times and there is little time to get exercise but it is possible to stay healthy on top of such a life-changing event as a single or bilateral lung transplant. If you truly think about it - the sicker the caregiver gets, the more worried the patient gets, and therefore the patient gets sicker. It is a vicious cycle and by moderating the Caregivers section, I hope to enlighten other families about the negative impact this cycle can have on both the sick and healthy in the family.

I hope you will come and join us at the 2nd Wind Forum and share your experiences with lung transplantation and organ donation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home