My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

How many lives...

It is amazing how many lives are touched by organ donation and transplant awareness. It was for that reason that I created an online store called Living Miracle, where people can buy organ donation awareness products including shirts, mugs, stickers, hats, and so on. I must be honest and let you know that I had originally created the store to make a shirt for myself that stated: "Organ Donation Saved My Husband's Life. Be A Hero. Be An Organ Donor." All of a sudden, everyone wanted one with their own relationship to a family member on them. So I created ones for aunt, cousin, mother, father, sister, brother, wife, uncle, and the list goes on and on. There are even general organ donation awareness designs. Why am I doing this? For profit? No way! Any of the profits go to pay my husband's medical bills that have occurred since his bilateral double lung transplant and continue to accrue. The real reason is to get the message out.... There are over 80,000+ people waiting for organ donations - that means that they are dying at this very moment! Without a transplant, they will die. For me, I have to question why more people aren't donors. It is not that we, on the receiving end, are wanting people to die. It is more that we pray they will be an organ donor IF they are going to die anyway. We pray for a miracle, not for the donor's family to be in pain. We pray that such a gift would help the donor's family mourn and know that their family member has saved the lives of up to 50 people!! That's right - one person can donor organs, skin, tissue, etc. To impact the lives of up to 50 people who are suffering out there. Wow! What a hero that donor is!

You can find Living Miracle Organ Donation and Transplant Awareness Store at: http://www.cafepress.com/donorawareness/?pid=3784716

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home