My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Priorities

It is difficult to juggle the every-day priorities that we have when interrupted by a nasty head cold. No, thank God, Greg has not gotten this head cold of mine but the cold just wont release its grip on me. I thought it was over this past weekend when, Sunday night, my face began to drain once again. Greg has been trying to be has helpful as possible but sometimes it is difficult because he has his own priorities. Last night he missed the chance to work out so that he could be home with me in order to watch the puppy while I slept. Normally having dogs shouldn't keep one from getting well but given that one of them is 11 weeks old and not housebroken yet, I needed all the help I could get.

It is times like these that we need to learn how to shift our priorities quickly. What seemed to be important one day loses its importance when someone in your family is sick or ill. When times like this spring up, you must rely on not only your intuition as to what is the best course of action but also logic. Sometimes the heart wants to do one thing while the most logical of courses is to choose another path. For us, the path to our health is most important and that includes taking care of one another. I have been there during his times of need as he has been there for mine. True, a transplant is a graver situation, but weight should not be given based upon what you believe to be important, but, rather, sometimes it must be defined by those you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home