My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Medical Insurance Woes

I have come across this bridge once before and, last time, I don't remember it weighing as heavy as it does not. Ironically the circumstances were much different and my husband was very ill. Yet, I sought out other job opportunities to get me out of the hell I was working in. That was when I came across my current position at one of the most well-known Internet companies in the world. Now, I am plagued with that question once again - do I stay or do I go?

My position doesn't fit me nor does it provide the challenge I need in order to keep my brain from falling asleep. It isn't a bad position but is just a dead-end one, in which I stare at my screen and work on auto-pilot. Why haven't I left yet? It is the dooming fear of every person in a relationship with someone who is not in the best health - plain and simple - I carry the medical insurance. Not just any medical insurance but one of the best medical coverage plans ever! Sure, I found this job when my husband was sickest and I was still carrying the medical insurance back then but on my last interview with this company (there were 5!), they got on the phone with the human resources department and insisted that my medical coverage start immediately!

Will I be as lucky the next time? I know my career wont go anywhere in this organization and the only way to advance is to find another position. To my surprise, my phone has been ringing off the hook with companies that not only want me but are willing to make a new position in their organization just to have me. So, the opportunities exist out there but is it worth it when there is so much riding on me leaving? Even one day without medical coverage is not a possibility in our lives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home