My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://transplantblog.angelcove.us
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Cold and Rainy

This state has to be the most backwards of any state in America. Wisconsin just had high temperatures reaching near 92 a couple of days ago and now it is rainy and cold. Even the geese are starting to fly south. What does that tell you? It tells you that even those creatures that do not have the comforts of houses or weather men (who are normally wrong anyway) don’t understand what is going on. (laugh)

The gloomy day was turned bright because I was able to see something I have been waiting to see for a while. Okay, before I go on, I am a 31-year old married woman (even though I look about 16) and I am a big fan of Harry Potter. Yes, boys and girls, I am an avid reader (and re-reader) of those books lining the young adult and child sections of every bookstore. With that now said, I will admit that the debut of the 4th trailer for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was high on my to-do list and boy am I happy. It is not only filled with thrills and excitement but also extremely funny.

So, what is a 31-year old married woman doing with a 17-year old boy (ahem - Harry Potter)? Although there are some that believe it teaches dark magic and is against God, it is quite the opposite. The books teach about friendship, loyalty, how good will win over evil, patience, being brave in the most difficult of situations, and that even a person that seems to be as evil as they come does often have some good in them. Friendship and love overcome monetary, ethnic, religious, and national boundaries. No matter what stands in their way, good will overcome evil and no matter how difficult situations may be, we always have a choice.

This speaks true to every hardship that we face, here, in the world that exists outside of JK Rowling's books. Throughout my difficult upbringing, my husband's "terminal" illness, his double-lung transplant, moving 900+ miles away from all my family and friends - I always had choices and I still do today. It is through the hardships that we come out stronger and better people as well. Yes, my friends, good will triumph over evil - as long as you never give up hope or faith in the power of good and the power you have within yourself. Sometimes, it takes a literary work such as Harry Potter to remind us of that truth that we so often forget in a world of money, power, technology, workaholics, and regrets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home